Hindu Temple of Toledo
Minutes of Executive Committee Meeting
March 19, 2006
Present: Dr. Sudarshan Jetley, Dr. Ajith Pai, Dr. Ashok Salvi, Mrs. Paramita Mukherjee, Mrs. Leena Bhojraj, Mr. Gulshan Malhotra, Pandit Anantkumar Dixit, Dr. Charu Trivedi, Dr. Sudarshan Pasupuleti and Dr. Udayan Nandkeolyar.
Minutes of the Meeting on 6-12-06
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustee of the Hindu Temple was held on Monday June 12, 2006 at 7:30 p.m. (actual meeting was called at 7:50 p.m.) at the Hindu Temple of Toledo. Chairman Rasesh Shah called the meeting to order and the following items were discussed.
The following members were in attendance:
Raj Bhatia, Bhawna Bhatia, Rasesh Shah, Jiwan Gupta, Arvind Shah, Sudarshan Jetley, Om Sharma, Rajni Sharma, [ a total of 8 members].
a. Pandit Anand Dixit signed the employment contract with the Hindu Temple of Toledo on 5-29-06.
b. Panditji’s present salary before the contract was $28,000 per year and the new salary from 6-1-06 will be $35,000.00 per year. A 25 % increase.
c. Panditji will be given additional $500.00 one time only as a goodwill gesture.
d. Panditji will have 16 days vacation time.
e. In a year Panditji will be allowed 10 days of continuing education and $2,000.00. Reimbursement of $2000.00 will be based on submittal of paid receipts.
f. A dental coverage for him and his family has been promised.
g. Panditji will keep a logbook of his outside religious activity and receive permission from the President of the Hindu Temple of Toledo. Outside religious service should be performed on the basis of first request first serve basis. Sudarshan reported that such a log book had been placed in the Temple “Office.”
h. Panditji will not be permitted to go out side to perform religious activities during Temple hours. In extraneous circumstances with the consent of the President of the Executive Committee, he may be allowed to go for religious ceremonies during the temple hours.
· Sudarshan recognized Charu Trivedi and Panditji for arranging a successful event Devi Yagna.
· He reported that total donation revenue raised from the Devi Yagna was $61,000.00 and out of which $52,000.00 has already has been paid by devotees. Remaining $8,000.00 is still need to be collected. He further reported that an approximate total expenditure of Devi Yagna was $20,000.00. Thus a total profit is in the neighborhood of $40,000.00.
· Sudarshan explained the family presence on the stage during the Yagna. A comment from the Board was that Panditji should not stress caste (such as Brahmin etc.) related rituals.
· Sudarshan further reported that Devi Yagna Memento was arranged by Sukeshini Raghuveer.
· He said that there is an YTD net income of $67,000.00.
· On the Festival, Sudarshan said that various festival committees are formed and meetings are ongoing. He further said that to participate in the festival, he is implementing membership policy with the exception to American children and guests.
6. Finance Committee report is presented by Rajni Sharma. The main points of reports are:
· Both CD is at Fifth-Third bank and earns 4-7% interest paid quarterly. A $70K CD will mature in November.
· She said that we should look into balance portfolio as this portfolio has made money.
· Insurance for $1M has been purchased from State Farm insurance. The insurance practically covers all executive committee members, Board executive committee members.
· Safe Deposit Box for the Hindu Temple is at Charter One Bank. Rajni Sharma and Ajit Pai have one key each of the box. Both are signatories on the bank file.
7. Fund raising Committee Chair Arvind Shah reported that members were approached to solicit funds during Devi Yagna as he consider Devi Yagna is a part of fund raising. Raj Bhatia said that any religious activities such as Yagna and Festival should not be considered part of fund raising. It was a general feeling of the committee. Arvind further said that he is looking into an outside theatre for big entertainment program related to heritage of India.
8. As decided in the previous Board meeting that discussion should be carried out for lunch donation so members discussed the item and unanimously approved the following lunch policy: The motion was made by Raj Bhatia and seconded by Om Sharma.
“Starting July 2006 or soon there after, the Temple will use a Ticket system for Sunday Lunches. The cost of Lunch will be $ 3 per person for Paid member, students and $ 5 per person for non- paid members. Children under 5 as well as the Puja sponsors and Lunch sponsors for the day are free.” Ticket should be purchased from treasurer prior to serving the Lunch.
9. Other items: Raj Bhatia introduced that the Hindu temple in an efforts to raise funds, should create a “Special Plaque for Big Donors”. The definition of Big donors is:
50k – 99.999k; and
25k to 49.999K
This will induce donors to make additional donation to reach to “Special plaque Big donors.”
10. The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m. with a motion from Raj Bhatia and second by Om Sharma.
Jiwan Gupta, Secretary
Note: It is to inform to Board of Trustees that a special meeting of the Executive Committee of the Board was called on Sunday July 9, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. at the Hindu Temple of Toledo to hear presentation from Ila Mehta on Gandhi Jayanti program. There were only four executive committee members were present (Rasesh Shah, Jiwan Gupta, Arvind Shah, and Sudarshan Jetley). Due to inadequate number to get quorum, Rasesh Shah cancelled the executive committee meeting.
The Hindu Temple of Toledo
BOT Meeting on 7-30-06 at 2:30 p.m. at the Hindu Temple of Toledo. [Please Plan to attend]
Agenda for the Board meeting:
· Call Meeting to order
· Approval of minutes of the last meeting
· President's Report
· Fund Raising Committee Update
· Building Committee Update
· Finance Committee Update
· HR Committee Update
· Open Discussion
· Other Items